Monday, March 23, 2015

Design Wall Monday

Time has flown by.  I haven't posted design wall Monday for a bit as I really can't show some of my projects!  I have two small charity quilts on my design wall.  My first blog post for Quiltmaker goes live Friday and I also have my second quilt going live on April 3rd.  Be sure to follow Quiltmaker's Quilty Pleasures Blog!  You will get to see two quilts I have been working on this year.  Here is a hint on the second one, part of the border and backing!
scrunched up backing, border and binding for Scrap Squad quilt #2
Design Wall - Leftover scraps from Scrap Squad quilt #1.  This will be a charity quilt when it's assembled.

Design Wall - This has been on the design wall for weeks.  I keep compacting the pieces.

 I made these two child quilts for Quilts for Kids.  I requested two quilt kits, the only thing I had to provide was assembly, quilting, and batting.  Even the backing is included in the kit.  I happened to have the same gray Moda Marble the kit included that I was able to use for
binding on one quilt and I had enough backing left on the first quilt to use it as binding.  Below is a quilt top I made from a Connecting Threads kit and I will get it quilted for a graduation gift for a girl that was a member of my 4-H group for years.



quilt for Lindsay - worked on at a retreat and didn't have a chance to really lay it out so I just sewed rows and then tried to arrange them.  I don't recommend that!

I gifted this queen size quilt to my late son's former roommates Cole, and Danielle.  
Check out other Design Walls at Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I know the feeling of having to keep projects secret. Glad you get to reveal 2 very soon. I have made Quilts for Kids. That is an easy pattern to do. Nice finish on the Gift for Brad's Roommates.

Quilter Kathy said...

So excited to see your quilt on Friday!

Cindy said...

So much quilty goodness! I really like that quilt you made for Lindsay. Looks like a quick sew and a great way to see fabric you love in big pieces.