Monday, February 09, 2015

Design Wall Monday

A couple weeks ago I posted a picture of some of my 2" squares sewn together into strips.  I put up some purple with the pieces and although it's strong and some of the color washes out I am going to go with it.  This is a charity quilt and the darker colors won't show dirt as easily.  We don't know how the quilts will be taken care of when they are gifted and somebody will love the bright colors with purple.

I made a few more Quiltmaker Itty Bitty Blocks and the new block for February was posted last week.  I need to get going on some baskets, this month's free pattern.

I am working on binding this queen size quilt for my late son's roommates.  They are a great couple with two young kids.



I'm linking up with Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Is the Star quilt or the Bow tie quilt for Brad's former roomate? Are the bitty blocks part of your assignment for the Scrap Squad? The donation quilt will be great for another purple lover. Lots of scrappy going on.

JanetD said...

The charity quilt will be great, as you said, dark and not showing dirt. I was very tempted with the bitty blocks but am on a "finishing" mission for the many UFO's I've let build up. It's fun to watch yours though.