Even though things have been crazy, I have made some accomplishments. Last Monday I posted fabrics for a Quilt of Valor and I am happy to say before the end of that day I had the top completed! This was a donation kit and not my normal style at all. I am just not sure of the striped fabric, but I followed the instructions. I wanted to make sure I had enough fabrics that were included.
Quilt of Valor
This week I also finished the top to Gentle Moments, but realized I messed up the outer borders going vertical. I had measured but not written the measurement down and thought I knew the correct length and sewed the border on. With all the bias it sewed on great, but now makes the quilt wavy! It's 2" too long on each lengthwise side so that will be fixed. I can't believe I did that! I will still add another border around to make it queen size, but don't have yardage so that is in the thinking stages.
During the process of sewing Gentle Moments and other blocks I have been sewing 2" squares together. I sewed most of them in groups of 8. I was originally going to make a block that was 8 X 8 squares (12" finished) and then sash them but started doodling on graph paper and came up with this. I have some of the pieces on the design wall below. I need to sew more pieces and the fabric in all the blank areas will be the purple shown. It will be a donation quilt for a child or teen.
bright strips and background
The other big news is my new sink and faucet. I asked for a new faucet for Christmas (Doug needs help in the idea dept.) and thought I asked in plenty of time to get the faucet for Thanksgiving when we hosted his family. Nope, then because of the care needed for his father, it didn't happen at Christmas either. Doug's dad passed away New Year's Eve and January has been rather busy. We are also now fixing up our rental house and went off to Home Depot Saturday. Sunday was spent installing the new sink and faucet! I LOVE it!