Sunday, October 10, 2010

Still Quilting!

So much has happened since my last post! I got behind and then it seems like it was easier to let the blog go than catch up. However, I decided to give it a try now.

I threw a ring ceremony and reception for my oldest daughter Amy and her finance Nate August 14th in Orofino. The next morning Lisa and I had to take off at 3:30 AM for the airport to fly to Atlanta. She is at Georgia Tech for a two year Master's program. This photo is at her apartment complex.We went to Orem, Utah, Sept. 3rd for Amy's reception and to meet all of Nate's family. We weren't allowed to participate in the wedding in Salt Lake, so I don't have much to say about that. I took this photo after everyone else left. I did get Lisa's quilt finished in time for her to take it to Georgia with her.I also made Amy and Nate a quilt this summer. I pieced it at the Leavenworth retreat in June and had been working on it off and on all summer. I did finish it before their wedding! Amy had picked the colors and the pattern.That's enough for this post!

5 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Great photos - great quilts. Glad to see you back. And just why could you not participate in your own daughter's wedding - just curious?

Tink said...

The quilt turned out beautiful...no tequila damage at all.

Sweet post my friend!

Mary said...

You kept up on Facebook. She was a Beautiful Bride. Glad you could at least be outside the Temple. Temple Square is beautiful too.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for you! I don't think I'll have my kids' "kiddie" quilts done until AFTER they are all married! :) She's a beautiful bride and what a beautiful cake and dress! Wow! Lisa is looking more and more like you every day. Glad to know I could spot her in a crowd and say "I know you!" :) Her quilt turned out awesome too! I love it on the black. Really makes it pop!

Sharon T in Napa said...

You and me Julie, lets get back into the blog world, okay?????
What a beautiful family you have.