Sunday, January 11, 2009

My weekend quilt project

Other than more snow, then rain and melting snow, boring housework and bookkeeping this weekend, I did pretty much make this whole quilt top. It belongs to my friend Deb, and it came to me with a box of fabric, six finished blocks and a pattern. I made six more blocks and did all the setting this weekend. It will be interesting to figure out how to quilt it for her! The pic is taken on my wobbly design wall, it really does have straight edges and hangs well!

3 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

That quilt is gorgeous - I love the borders and sashings - and the blocks - well I just love it all. So glad you are finishing it for Deb - I know she is going to love it.

Deb in WA said...

Oh yes, Deb loves it LOTS!!!! I'm so glad Julie was able to finish this for me because I fell in love with that quilt the minute I saw the pattern. Of course with no plaid fabrics in my stash, it FORCED me to buy a bunch-LOL!! Five of the blocks were made by other WASIQ'ers, and Julie made the rest. Don't know what I'd do without her and I never want to find out.

julieQ said...

I absolutely love this bear paw plaid quilt! What wonderful work!