Sunday, December 28, 2008

More About Quilts

I received this awesome quilt a couple days before Christmas, only it was wrapped so I didn't peek. The pattern is Fractured Stars and made by my friend Lynda in Nevada. She had been a neighbor and quilting buddy and then moved away. We lost contact for about five years and this year we re-connected. I sent her a gift of a quilt for our joint birthdays in July and she said I inspired her to quilt again and I got this really, really cool quilt!
This is a top I pieced this week. The blocks were made by members of WASIQ and sent to my friend Debi on her parents passing. She had an awesome blue batik in her stash and this summer I brought it and the blocks home and finally assembled a top for her. I plan to quilt it this week.
In August I went on the Crazy Eight Shop here in northern Idaho/Eastern Washington. I saw this border print and a book called Cabin Fever at The Crazy Quilter in Deary Idaho, an awesome shop in a teeny tiny town. I cut it out Friday night this week and finished it yesterday. It has minmal quilting and the applique stitching down is done as part of the quilting to make it faster. My oldest daughter loves it, and really I made it with her in mind!
This is a quilt I finished quilting this past week. I didn't make the top, my friend Joann in Arizona made the top for her oldest daughter designing it as she went. I volunteered to quilt it and had a lot of fun doing different designs. My closeups didn't show well since the thread color blended too well! Joann received the quilt Friday and already has the binding on!

4 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wow - you always amaze me with how much you get done. And what a lovely quilty gift. Everything is wonderful.

Tink said...

Love all the quilts, especially your friend Joanne's, it is so beautiful. Such a sweet friend to quilt it for her.
Happy New Year!

cynthia said...

I love all the quilts!! Do you ever sleep? You always get so much done. Your Christmas pictures are wonderful too, love your stockings and Christmas village. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

You're too much girl! All I got done this year was going through my stash, and yet look at all you've accomplished! As always, they look awesome. Compliments to the quilter (and chef!)! :)