Saturday, August 02, 2008

Hectic Summer


Time flies so fast, it's unreal! In June I had a fantastic quilt retreat in Leavenworth, WA at Dee's Country Accents with members of my Washington State Quilters internet group. I came home on June 15th and had surgery on June 16th. Time was spent recuperating and then it was gung ho back into quilting, although I was thrilled I had some restrictions and couldn't do heavy lifting or vacuuming!

The second weeke
nd of July I took a class from Terrie Kralik and this is my finished wallhanging, start to finish in three days, complete with binding. I hadn't planned ahead and didn't even have my book so I took fabrics from my stash and winged it. I changed her pattern in the book A Forest of Quilts slightly. She was a delightful teacher who let us work on whatever we wanted from her books or patterns.

Last week I made this quilt, Canyon Circles for a friend of mine. It's all batiks and I loved how easy it was to do. It's taller than my son, so I would say it's a nice lap/throw size. I had lost contact with this friend for about 5 years and she wrote to me at Christmas. We have birthdays two days apart so I thought this would be a great surprise since she doesn't get to spend much time quilting. It's definitely more earthy than my usual color scheme.

The other big news was turning 50 on July 29th. I am proud of it and insisted on no party, but I had two small parties with family. I love my new iPod so I guess it was worth it!










No comments: