Monday, June 24, 2019

Wizard's Chess Quilt

I pieced this quilt a year ago from a pattern in McCall's Quick Quilts magazine.  The pattern is available for sale online.   I loved the cover quilt and picked up the issue for that quilt.  I collected fabric and finishing piecing the top in May 2018.  I basted it for quilting in November and now it's quilted and bound!

I love this quilt, the contrast, the blues/purples, and the checkerboard.  Mine resembles the original, not something I do all the time, but the maker picked such great colors!

 It is hard to see teh quilting detail.  I did straight lines in the white checkerboard and then a swirly design in each of the blocks.

 The backing from the massive amount of leftover checkerboard I had.  I was making the quilt bigger than the pattern and slightly miscalculated how much checkerboard I needed!
Linking up with Design Wall Monday.

4 comments:

Ramona said...

This is one of my favorites! Is this going to be for you or are you gifting it to someone? It's so pretty on your fence. Great finish!

Mary said...

Just a few extra checkerboard blocks. Awesome finish a year later!

Rebecca Grace said...

Great job! I love the black and white checkerboard with those saturated KF blues and purples!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is just such an eye pleasing quilt!! I LOVE The graphicness of it!!