Monday, March 04, 2019

Quilting and Snow

I can't believe I didn't post last week.  Oh well.  I do have some more finishes to share.

The first one is a row robin from MANY years ago.  I furnished a lot of the fabrics and it sat for a long time because the rows were wide but not very many of them.  At a retreat several years ago I finally set the top together and now it's quilted.  I am not sure what I will do with it yet, I may be gifting it to a friend.  Another old UFO bites the dust!
Srping Row Robin



This quilt was made several years ago from a pattern on Craftsy.  The directions were really bad and I emailed the designer and she told me I didn't know what I was talking about.  I am an experienced quilter, so I threw away the pattern and made it my way!  However, then I HATED it.  Yes, strong word.  I really do not like this quilt.  I am not a fan of green and I tried to liven it up by quilting it with a shiny thread.  I will definitely be trying to find a home for this quilt!  But another UFO bites the dust!
Christmas Candy

A friend owns a quilt shop about an hour and a half away.  I volunteered to help make shop samples.  She sent me two kits for the same pattern.  The first one I made is Hoffman Wolves.  I am not a fan of wolves, but this came out great.  It's taller than my design wall.  Much bigger than I thought it would be.  66 X 88.  

 The second one is a fox and this is really cute.  The pattern is easy to follow.  I will be making some more shop samples for her at an upcoming quilt retreat.


 We had a backyard visitor last week.  The photo was taken out my upstairs bedroom window.  Icicles are hanging down!  My coworker saw a moose over the weekend and thinks it might be the same one.
Doug had to plow again last week.  My deck is about 3 feet off the ground for a depth comparison.  I'm ready for spring!


Linking up with Design Wall Monday.

5 comments:

Mary said...

Thank goodness I saw these on Instagram. But, oh the snow!! I love the quilt you hate. I would've given it away before the quilting if I didn't like it. Stay safe!

Rebecca Grace said...

CONGRATULATIONS on knocking out those UFOs! I even like the Christmas quilt with all the green. As for the moose in your yard -- WOW! My dogs would go berserk if there was a moose in the yard. Well, we ALL would, actually, since we live in North Carolina and a moose in the yard would be about as rare as a seeing a leprechaun!

Ramona said...

Your shop samples are wonderful! Great designs. Great job on finishing two more UFO’s; especially one you don’t like! That’s challenging to do. All of that snow....ugh! Hopefully spring will arrive soon.

Judy D in WA said...

I love the row by row and yeah for quilting a quilt you are not in love with! The shop samples are great. You are on a roll with the finishes. The snow is pretty but no thank you. I'm done with it and we didn't get much.

Turid said...

That row quilt is so pretty. So good you finished it at last.