Monday, January 14, 2019

More Finishes!

Just a little note, if you have not received a personal reply from me to your comment it is because you are a no-reply blogger or your address no longer works.  I try to respond to all comments, so check your blogger profile!

Now to what I have done this past week!

I have now quilted all of the 12 quilts I basted in October.  I have a 4 day weekend coming up and it's time for another basting party.  I bought 25 yards of batting and will have to piece backs for some of them, but that's okay.  I will be using up fabric!

This quilt was 11 years in the making.  My late friend Deb purchased the fabric in 2008 and the Quiltsmart interfacing.  I was supposed to make a wedding quilt for her to gift to her niece, but she changed her mind and gave me the fabrics instead.  They languished for a few years and finally in 2013 I made the top.  The interfacing is an interesting method and the rings are machine appliqued with a blind hem stitch and invisible thread.  It is a nice throw size, but not my favorite.  I posted a picture on Facebook and my wedding singer (almost 35 years ago!) said she LOVED it.  I am sending it to her!  She has purchased some quilts from me in the past, but I am gifting it.
Double Wedding Ring
The weather was great yesterday and I managed to take some outdoor photos, although the sun was getting a little low by the time I got outside.  We still have a bit of snow left, but we have had a strange winter so far!
I was influenced by a couple of friends and started making this 1930's Farmer's Wife quilt a couple of years ago.  (6 inch blocks).  I got bored with it and lost the CD with the templates.  Forget that!  I had to cut a couple in half for this setting, but I really like the zigzags.  It's a small throw/lap size.  I had fun with the quilting though!
1930 Farmer Wife
quilting closeup


backing

 Both quilts together in the old corral in our pasture.


5 comments:

Sally said...

Beautiful quilts and quilting, as usual! A great accomplishment to go back to older projects and make a nice finish.

Ramona said...

Two more beautiful finishes! The colors in your Farmers Daughter blocks are so fun. I’m looking forward to seeing what’s next for your quilting marathon!

QuiltGranma said...

Good progress! Time to celebrate... by finishing another?

Kate said...

Congrats on both finishes, they look great. It has to feel good to get those UFOs off the pile. Enjoy your 4 day weekend, hope you get lots done in the sewing room.

Judy D in WA said...

2 more marked off the list! Way to go!! Your quilting is wonderful!