Monday, December 31, 2018

New Year's Eve

Here it is, the last day of the year 2018.  Hard to believe!  I have made my list of projects I will post tomorrow, in the meantime I have binding to finish on two projects to end the year with!  I have not actually counted my finishes of the year, but it's close to 40.

We had a great Christmas with our daughters and grandkids.  The twins turned 1 in November and were a lot of fun and Jared is 7 and Nicole is 4 and they love presents!  I also got to see my sisters.  On the way home I snapped a couple pictures.  We had pretty good roads, just a bit of snow close to home.  It is a six hour drive each way.

Payette Lake, McCall, Idaho

Highway 55 in central Idaho

My tree is several years old and I had it working when I set it up and now it has blank areas that should be lit up by lights!  I am taking it all down today.

 My sister is going to be a first time grandmother in May.  I will be making a quilt for the baby, but I saw this kit on Dec. 21st at Quiltreasures and bought it.  The new mother to be loves giraffes and my sister loves monkeys.  I thought the baby needed a quilt at Grandma's house since she will be born in Kentucky!  I pieced it over the weekend and had it ready to take to Boise on Dec. 24th!   I brought it home to quilt it, which will happen sometime!
 Since we got home I have been in my quilt room.  I had leftover flannel squares from a quilt in my last post.  I couldn't bear to throw them away so I whipped up this 18" pillow.  I had a pillow form on hand and the pillow is now on my couch in the family room.  I photographed it on part of my cutting table.  The quilt in the background was made by my friend Melissa and the collection of Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls were given to me by my boss over the years.  She collects them at yard sales, although a couple were made by a friend years ago.
 Last summer I participated in a Christmas in July log cabin swap and the blocks are still not assembled in to a top.  I had leftover strips and I have been sewing them together as leader/enders for a few months.  I then had to decide what to do with them!  I had this green rick rack in my stash and have no clue what I originally got it for.  It was huge!  I now have a scrappy wallhanging, complete with sleeve.  I quilted feathers in the scrappy strips and finished it Friday.

 I showed this wallhanging in a previous post and it is now quilted and bound!  I look forward to hanging it next year!  I did an allover swirl pattern in the quilting.

I finished quilting this twin size quilt.  I twas over half done and has pretty simple quilting.  I have the binding sewn on, but not stitching down.
 This is a tablerunner made of leftover triangles from another project that is not completed yet!  I straight line quilted it on the diagonal and have the binding ready to stitch down.
I think that is all I have for now!  I have another week off work and I look forward to more quilting!
Happy New Year and I will quietly be ringing in the new Year at home.

Linking up to Design Wall Monday and Monday Making.

3 comments:

Jay said...

You have been SO busy! I'm impressed. That second Idaho picture looks like a postcard -- just beautiful.

Ramona said...

I love the time between Christmas and New Years. It's a great time to quilt and sew and plan and dream. Your finishes and almost finishes are all so wonderful. That monkey and giraffe baby quilt is just too cute! How awesome that you found both the mom's and grandmom's favorite animals in one panel. Enjoy your week and I look forward to seeing more finishes.

Mary said...

Happy New Year! 40 finishes is awesome. I think I had 20, but that includes my 3 Granddaughters quilts. Congrats to your sister. Glad you're home safe. You know what I have been working on, lol Hoping for a late night REVEAL of the Quiltville Mystery.