Monday, September 03, 2018

Finished Baltimore Spring quilt!

After many, many hours of stitching this past week I finished my Baltimore Spring quilt.  I stitching every evening after work and all day Friday and Saturday.  Saturday evening I applied binding.  I added a hanging sleeve as it will go onto a quilt hanger a friend's husband made me.  It's a bit heavier than I had hoped and I need to block it I think, but it's done!

Baltimore Spring

detail

detail
I started cutting up panels for a One Block Wonder and will have that on my design wall soon!

Be sure and check out my blog tomorrow for a special post and and links to many other bloggers for a meet and greet!

5 comments:

Ramona said...

Julie, it's beautiful! The detail in this quilt is amazing. I could look at it all day. I'm glad you will be hanging this is your home so you can enjoy your hard work. Gorgeous!

Leah said...

Gorgeous! You mentioned this is a kit, so is it all fused applique? Did you sew down the edges, or since it is a wall hanging, just fused and then quilted? I haven't had any luck with fusing, I need the extra security of sewing.

Mary said...

Vey nice Finish for your day off! Beautiful colors.

Sharon said...

That is one BEAUTIFUL quilt.

time4stitchn said...

What a wonderful accomplishment! Absolutely beautiful! Hooray for you! How long did it take you?