Saturday, September 22, 2018

Blogger's Quilt Festival

This is my first time participating in the Blogger's Quilt Festival.

I am entering my latest finish, my Baltimore Spring quilt.  This was purchased as a laser cut kit, but most of the pieces were just scored, not actually cut.  I sat at a quilt retreat for four days and cut apart and fused the blocks inside the border.  I did the border after I got home.  Then I rolled it up on a large tube I had on hand and it sat.  I finally decided to stitch down the appliques in August.

I used a variety of threads, mostly Superior Fantastico.  I machine quilted it Labor Day weekend.  I can't believe it is finished!  I added a hanging sleeve to the back as it will be hung in my home on a quilt hanger a friend's husband made me.

Closeup  detail photos.

 I entered the quilt in our local county fair a couple weeks ago.  We have about 10,000 people in the county, and the fair and Lumberjack Days are a big event in town in mid September.  I won Best of Show and the photo below is hanging at the fair.
The third weekend in September is another fair an hour away.  Residents from surrounding counties can enter that fair, which is unlike our county fair.  I was surprised to win Best of Show again!  I also received Best in Class and Superintendent's Choice.  They put all the quilts behind plastic to keep people from touching them.  It doesn't make for good photography!

The most popular question I get asked is "How long did it take?"  I really should keep track sometime, but then again, that might take the fun out of it!  I am quilting obsessed and I think I will get back to piecing for awhile!

8 comments:

Mary said...

It was worth doing all that work!! Finished in a year is a great accomplishment. Very detailed, seeing the close-up. Wow!!

Judy D in WA said...

This is such a fabulous quilt! I'm so happy to see all your well deserved ribbons. I don't think I would attempt something like this.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Congratulations, and you deserve all these prices! This quilt is amazingly beautiful!

Ramona said...

How exciting that you won all of those ribbons for your gorgeous quilt. They are well deserved!

Barb said...

Stunning quilt! Just lovely appliuqe' congrats on your ribbons

PaintedThread said...

Wow. I can totally see why you won those ribbons. It's beautiful! Such lovely detail. Congrats!

Denise :) said...

This is absolutely stunning; what a gorgeous quilt!! :)

Nann said...

What a beautiful quilt! All the awards are well-deserved.