Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Memorial Day

I have been in a quilting slump lately.  I had a lot of yard work to do and the end of the school year is always hectic.   I did remember to put out my flag today.
A couple years ago I went to a retreat in Lacey, WA, about 7 hours away.  I had previously met three of the women, long time internet friends, and several others I had "known" for years but never met!  My friend Melissa was there and a few of us went to quilt shops.   Larrianne was buying the Laurel Burch Fantasia panel and the bright colors were fun, and Melissa surprised me and bought it for me!  This week I wanted something quick and easy to do and through pinterest found a free pattern on the Timeless Treasures site.  I did purchase the blue background fabric online recently.

I finished the top today!It's bigger than I envisioned, I didn't look at the finished size on the pattern!


I made 4 more blocks for my Scrap Vortex quilt.

I recently visited my daughters and grandkids.  The twins belong to Lisa and the older two to Amy.



Just 7 more days of school! 

Linking up with Design Wall Monday.




3 comments:

Ramona said...

What a great pattern for a panel! You can square it up and not lose anything. The colors are so bright and happy, too. The babies are getting so big! All of your grands are adorable. Yay! for summer coming!

Mary said...

SUI happens when we Retreat and meet up at Quilt Shows. I still haven't made my Snowman quilt. Cute grandchildren. Have a great Summer!

Judy D in WA said...

LOVE your quilt and love the flag flying in front of your house!
SUI happens all the time. And it happens when I see your things all the time! ;)