Monday, April 23, 2018

Finished Quilt!

I finished quilting and binding my Blue Hawaiian quilt.  I LOVE it!  I did a lot of swirly quilting and the weather has turned to be much nicer and went into our pasture and field for pictures.  My husband was able to get into the field today finally!  Yay for sunshine!

I am thrilled to have this quilt finished.  The original pattern is Rhubarb Pie by Madison Cottage Designs.
In the 1960's daffodil bulbs were put into the pasture and over the years they have spread.

If you look close you can see one of my dogs in the upper left!  
Our winter wheat made it through our long winter.  This wheat variety is named Huffman UI/WSU after my late son.

quilting closeup.  I used a turquoise Superior brand thread.
I have a quilt retreat coming up so of course I had to cut a new project!  I am making Wizard's Chess.    I still need to cut the solid black and solid white.


I have done some knitting, 4 dish rags!  No picture since I gave them away already!

I am linking up with Design Wall Monday and Monday Making.  Check them out for great inspiration!

11 comments:

Ramona said...

Oh my! I just love this quilt. You know these colors are my favorite! The photos of your property are beautiful. So nice that spring has finally arrived for you. I’m excited to see your next quilt, too. The pattern is great.

Mary said...

Very nice, but not Purple!! Cool outdoor pictures. I'm happy to see the Sunshine also.

BunkHouseQuilts said...

Love this quilt, it's so pretty against the wheat and the grass..Yay for sun and warmer days!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

lovely quilt and it looks so pretty against the pasture with the daffodils

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

COngrats on the QUilt!! and how cool - the daffodils have spread like that.

Judy D in WA said...

I love your quilt! And the quilting is fabulous--as always!!! Looked up Wizard's Chest...that is an awesome quilt! Can't wait to see.

Frog Quilter said...

Great quilting!!!

Judy Hansen said...

Great finish! The pictures are so pretty outside with the daffodils. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday, I appreciate you. Judy

Sharon said...

I love those swirls!

cocoya said...

Looking good!

สมัคร D2BET

Christina said...

Your quilt turned out wonderfully! The quilting you did is beautiful on it, I loves the swirls and I think it breaks up the squareness to add some softness to it.