Sunday, April 01, 2018

Easter, quilts and kids!

I thought I would share an Easter quilt I have had for years.  I used to do a lot of round robins, row robins, block robins, etc.  This is one I made the center for and was delighted with what I got back!  I should have steamed out the fold in the center.


center block closeup
I finished quilting this Washington State Internet yahoo group quilt.  I collected the blocks 13-18 years ago and have had the top in my stash for YEARS!  I custom quilted each block and bound it in black.
I was trying to show the blocks on the top row, but wasn't successful!  It was nice enough weather to go out in my back pasture for photos.


Last year I cut up a bunch of earthy batik strips and some sashing.  The pattern is in one of my Jelly Roll quilt books.  I was at a retreat last April and one woman ran out of projects!  Unheard of for me, I always bring way too much!  I handed her this packet and she sewed up a bunch of blocks.  Last week I sewed up a bunch more and got the top assembled this weekend.  Now it will go into my to be quilted pile and will eventually be donated.



My oldest daughter and two kids were here during spring break this past week.  Nicole will be 4 in May and discovered her mom and aunt's Barbies.  She had a field day!  They had so many growing up and LOTS of accessories.  Some of the things have gone by the wayside (like the Barbie car and beds) and a few more went away when I was cleaning things up, but wow, she spent HOURS and HOURS playing with them and has quite the imagination.  She was wearing her princess costume!
 I didn't seem to get any pictures of Jared by himself!  He is 6 1/2 and was with my husband continually!  He loves being Grandpa's shadow on the farm!
 The twins weren't here visiting, but here are a couple pictures.  They are almost 4 1/2 months old now!  Finn and Remy!



4 comments:

Mary said...

Grandchildren are the best medicine!! I have totally enjoyed this weekend with some of mine. Glad to see a WASIQ Swap quilt finish. Do you remember what year this swap was? Probably before I was a WASIQ member.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

cute grandchildren. Fund seeing those barbies being played with

Judy Hansen said...

Such cute grandchildren! You are blessed. You have been busy finishing quilts - doesn't it feel good? Thanks for linking with Design Wall Mondays, Judy

BunkHouseQuilts said...

Grandkids....The best part of life. We used to live and farm in Southern Idaho, retired and moved to Ohio to be closer to ours. I LOVE the blocks and the black trim and binding is perfect. Nice.