Monday, January 08, 2018

Found Some Old Projects

I am STILL working on my sewing room redo.  Since I am going every single thing (even saved printed copies of things), it is taking forever.  Plus I get distracted.  What?  Distracted?  Yes!  I do see the end in sight!

I did manage to sew on two bindings from quilts in this post., but that is it for quilting.  However I am finding projects, oh am I finding projects.  I was shocked to find these blocks.  I remember making a few, but not all of them and then realized this was my guild sampler/technique quilt that a group of us taught in 2001 and 2002.  It's quite the grouping and I have some other pieces including a full Mariner's compass block that needs appliqued to the background.  I don't know why the fabrics aren't with these, but hopefully I can find some in my stash.  I will have to really think about this one and it will be a nice donation quilt someday!  It's not getting to the top of my list at the moment.


Another old project I found was this one.  I started it in 1995, hand piecing.  

 This is how many rosettes I found completed.  I saw some pieces somewhere and I tossed them, which is just as well.  I think I will try machine stitching them together and appliqueing the whole thing to a background.  It's a good memory quilt of some old projects since they are all charms.

 I am really going to cringe when I get my final list of UFO's done! 

Linking up with Small Quilts and Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday.

3 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

You are so brave diving in head first. :) All those treasures! I can't wait to see how you set all these blocks. I know it's going to be fabulous when ever you get to it. And I have every confidence in you that it will be soon. LOL With all the work a major sewing room redo takes, it sounds like you are having fun.

Janet D said...

Once your sewing room is complete you will enjoy it so much, but what a labor it is isn't it? My mother made the Lily Pond quilt and I remember it so well. It is a very long project because of all the hand piecing. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with all the different blocks.

Mary said...

You weren't kidding, you are finding treaures. You were smart to sedn a few out for the quilting. No Guilt to do that. Binding Counts too. Good luck finding the other 3 things that wandered off. It's heck getting OLD.