Monday, December 18, 2017

Gift Quilt

I have been working on miscellaneous things like potholders for gifts, but no pics of those!  I did finish a quilt and gifted it to my boss.  She loves earth tones.  I showed this quilt earlier in progress but it's finished and gifted and she loved it!  I debated on borders, but decided it was a good throw width.  It's funny because I have gifted Jenine a quilt almost every year for 8 years, but this year I told her she had to use it!  Use it watching movies and let the dog be on it!  I want her to enjoy the quilts.  She sent me a picture this evening.  I think her dog approved!

The pattern is in the book Color Shuffle by Karla Alexander.  I just did a texture stipple, loopy quilting design.




 linked up to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday.

3 comments:

Mary said...

8 years in a row? What a lucky boss. You're amazing, Julie!

Sally said...

Great colors! Does the pattern have a slight wave, and is a ruler needed?

Ramona said...

I don’t know how I missed this post! I’m glad I saw it because I really like this quilt. I want my quilts used, too! A quilt gifted eight years in a row is an awesome gift. How wonderful!