Monday, November 06, 2017

Baby Quilts and a Finished Top

This is a continuation of last week's post.  I quilted the two baby quilts and went to two showers.  There were two of us that were at both showers.  One was a cute little girl shower and my son's friends were thrilled to see me.  Their baby Annadelle is due in December.  I did find binding in my stash that coordinated.
flannel backing
Sunday afternoon I went to a baby boy shower for a young couple in our area.  I have known the father all his life and used to babysit him when he was young!  He is a young farmer and my husband has been mentoring him.  I have know the mom's family for a long time too.  I used minkie on the back and found a blue stripe in my stash for binding.  Baby Carter is due in December.

Both quilts were quilted simply with free motion squiggles.



 I have the top together for my Square Dance quilt from the book Strip Your Stash.  I will have to audition a binding from my stash when I get it quilted.
Square Dance from Strip Your Stash
 Connecting up with Design Wall Monday.

4 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

Such cute happy quilts! Baby quilts are so fun to make and give!

Judy Hansen said...

Wow - I love the baby quilts! So cheerful. Thanks for sharing with Design Wall Mondays.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are so bright and adorable!! I bet they were really excited to see you - you give good things!!! ;-)

Kate said...

The baby quilts turned out beautifully! Scrap Dance is so bright and colorful. Hope you've gotten in some good stitching this week.