Monday, October 02, 2017

Small Projects

I have been in a quilting slump so to speak.  Lots of other activities have limited my quilting time.  Here are a few things I have worked on this past week.

I joined the Teal Mini Swap to support Ovarian Cancer research again this year  We are sent a small piece of teal we need to use and then the mini quilt is made based on a questionnaire and sent to your swap partner.  It is hosted by Eva Paige Quilt Designs.  This is the mini I made to send to my swap partner.  It is 18" square.  I thought I had a closeup of the quilting, but I don't.


This is the mini I received.  Purple is my favorite color and Becky used a lovely embroidery in the middle.


For some reason, the colors are a little off on these photos below.  I am in a small internet group and was sent three paint chips and needed to make something using those colors.  We could make anything.  They were difficult for me, but I found a panel that had been in my stash for YEARS and it worked for the colors.  I quilted it and now have a wallhanging for my wall at work.  If you look close you can see that the fabric looks knitted.





I have all the blocks made for my granddaughter's quilt.  Two yellows and oranges are in the boy quilt as well, shown in the previous post.  I need to sew it together and get it quilted.  The shower is Oct. 14th.  My daughter is now about 29 weeks along and the babies are progressing well!

Linking up wtih Small Quilts and Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday.


3 comments:

Mary said...

Nice Swap quilts. Glad to see your projects.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a Cute Mini!!!

Ramona said...

Your mini is so happy and cheerful. The quilt you received is beautiful, too. I just love the baby quilts, too! I hope your daughter is feeling well.