Monday, October 23, 2017

Finished Easy Street!

In 2012 I made my first Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt.  It was the first year we were not having our daughters home at Christmas time so I had time in December to keep up on the clues.  I finished the top right on time according to the mystery, but as to the quilting....  The top languished in my quilt top cupboard since then.  In September I pulled it out and quilted it.  I already had the backing with it.  It took me another month to sit down and stitch down the binding, but the quilt is now finished!!  I love it!  I need to steam the binding a bit and take some better photos but I threw it up on my design wall with a lot of pins to get a photo. 
Easy Street Mystery Quilt
Here is the finished baby girl quilt for the twins.  My daughter is in preterm labor and in the hospital but the babies are doing well so far, my daughter is just very bored having to stay in bed.  She is 32 weeks now, and we are hoping they babies stay in a little longer.
baby girl fox quilt
On October 14, my older daughter hosted a baby shower at her home for the twins.  My husband and I took my mom down (six hours each way) and had a great time.  Here is Lisa after she opened the two baby quilts!  She had already seen them (and had picked the fabrics!).  Just a few days later Lisa went into the hospital!

 I went to a large quilt show in Spokane, WA this past weekend and really enjoyed myself.  It was overwhelming with over 500 quilts!  I only bought one Hoffman Spectrum panel and a pattern.  I did deliver 4 quilt tops to be quilted to a longarm quilter, getting them finished will feel good.  They are old ones in my stash that I just didn't feel like quilting myself.

Linking up with Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

6 comments:

Mary said...

There is always a need for Charity quilts. Good to get your 1st Mystery out of the UFO stage. Easy Street was my 1st Mystery with Bonnie. I did start Double Delight. It's not very far along in the process. Counting the days until Bonnie announces the name and colors for this year.

Kate said...

Congrats on finishing up Easy Street! It turned out beautifully. The baby quilts are really cute.

Judy D in WA said...

You inspire me to get an unquilted top to the next step. :)
Those baby quilts are just stinkin' cute! Prayers sent up for your family.

Sally said...

Gorgeous Easy Street quilt! The Fancy Fox quilts are wonderful too, love the way the bright colors pop off the background.

Sharon said...

Congratulations on finishing your Bonnie Hunter quilt! The new babies should love the bright colors chosen for their quilts

Ramona said...

Easy Street is GORGEOUS! What a great finish! And the babies quilts are just too cute. I love the bright colors. Hopefully your daughter is soaking in some of the boredom, because once her babies are born, there won't be any boredom for a long time! :) Thoughts and prayers for the babies and your daughter.