I went to a quilt retreat this past weekend and made a little progress with some piecing. For quite some time I have had the pattern Rhubard Pie by Madison Cottage Design. The pattern showed the quilt and variations made in green and pink. I LOVE turquoise and black and whites and started cutting. I ended up with more quilt blocks than I planned (and have strips leftover) and as is this quilt would have finished at 72 X 80 without borders. I didn't need a quilt that size so I took some of the blocks off. Here are all the blocks together.
|Rhubarb Pie diagonal layout|
I chose a couple different layouts for the remaining blocks. I like the second option best.
My quilt guild is small, but does a lot of charity quilt work. Someone was moving and giving away fabric. I was given a couple sets of panels of tool fabrics. I cut them apart and adding a sashing and now have a nice lap/throw quilt for a care center resident whenever it gets quilted! I have backing for it as well.I trimmed the panels as well as I could to get a smidgen of black around the panel blocks. I think it adds a lot to the quilt top.
Several years ago I made a couple Canyon Dance quilts. I have an exorbitant amount of batiks and these quilt blocks are so easy to piece and are cut with acrylic templates. I cut up 55 batik FQ's and will have a total of 110 blocks when I am done for a king size quilt. I have 30 pieced. I will donate this to charity.... maybe... I already have one. The link to it is HERE. I also made two in earth tones and gifted them and got one back when the friend passed away. I then used it as a prize in my blog giveaway last year. Link is HERE.
That is my excitement for now!