Monday, February 06, 2017

Not Much Sewing

I have done very little in the quilting department lately.  I hope to fix that soon.  I have sewn some rows on my tumbler quilt and sorted through some things but mostly it's all been time working on our house. We built our house and moved in 20 years ago and I have been slowly updating.  Now it's new flooring on most of our main floor.  That has involved tearing out carpet (and a million staples!) tearing off baseboards, scrubbing and painting.  Thank heavens some of our flooring stays and they just go over top of it with the new. Our flooring is being delivered tomorrow and our contractor is coming up Wednesday!  I don't know how long it will all take, but I'm looking forward to it.   

This weekend I just had to do something creatively so I got out some Dr. Seuss fabric I have had for quite a few years.  I don't even know how I accumulated it!  At school we do a "Read Across America" on Dr. Seuss' birthday in March so I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to work on this project.  I had a piece of fabric with 10 panels on it, different sizes and I finally just started cutting to be in increments of 2".  I cut some of the companion fabrics and placed the whole thing on my design wall and drafted it and cut filler pieces.  That is the stage it is in now.  It really will all fit together according to my graph paper! 
Dr. Seuss in progress

check out other projects at Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

Ramona said...

Wow, Julie, you have been busy! We need to do some updating here at my house, too. Your Dr. Seuss quilt is going to be adorable and so much fun for your students.

Melissa said...

I want to see the new flooring!!
The quilt is going to be very cute, I love what you have so far.

2BarnesRanchGirl said...

Julie, I am in love with your quilt! Can't wait to see it finished. Have fun with your home projects, it sounds like it will be awesome.

Mary said...

Yea for updating your home! Cute quilt to Celebrate Dr Seuss.

Judy D in WA said...

New flooring is quite a big deal! And a huge job that I never ever want to do again.
LOVE this quilt, mostly the stripes. It's so Dr. Seuss! It's going to be a treasure for sure.