Thursday, January 05, 2017

Quiltathon Weekend Day 1

I don't have a lot going on this weekend so I decided to participate in Judy's quiltathon at Patchwork Times.  I did not sign up for the UFO challenge, because I couldn't pick 12 of my many UFO's!  I listed them all in my previous post, athough since then I have found 3 more!  

I have two wallhangings for a friend ready to go and one partially quilted and I will try to get to those this weekend.  I also have my Be My Neighbor quilt pin basted.  However, I am battling a cold and decided to try to knock off some small projects towards my goal of completing 52 of them this year!

First up is this UFO from 2009.  It was a free BOM from Gail Pan and was revealed in Sept. 2009 called Christmas Wishes.  I had been embroidering on the blocks off and on over the years.  The square were 6".  I had based my floss colors on this fabric and had the blocks with the fabric and this is what I saw when I opened it up.  One block just needed a bit more stitching and they were done!

Christmas Wishes with just the Joy block needing finishing
Believe block closeup.

Christmas wishes spray basted and ready for quilting


I had leftovers from making Be My Neighbor and trimmed up scraps to have squares and half squares that finished at 1 1/2".  I came up with this little 18 X 24 wallhanging.  It is spray basted and ready for quilting.
Add caption
The last wallhanging I spray basted today was this little basket quilt.  The quilt was started by my friend Debi and I mentioned it in this post.   I pieced a back out of the leftovers.  It's my way to honor Debi and the blue print that had belonged to her grandmother.


Deb's memory wallhanging



I am linking up with Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Your small projects don't look so easy. I love the one you are finishing of Deb's. The Blessings quilt looks really fun. Glad you found less to do on it than you thought. You'll be busy quilting this weekend. If Quilting can make us feel better - Quilt on!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your CHristmas wishes embroidery done in blues!

Judy D in WA said...

Oh gosh, I have those Christmas Wishes blocks complete somewhere. Now I will have to find them. Looks like you have a great plan. The little quilt of Debi's is full of sweet memories and a treasure for sure.
Have a great day doing what you love to do.

Cindy said...

Its gonna be fun watching you push through your ufo's! Man I wish I had a smidgen of your energy. :)
Love those embroidered blocks. So pretty.