Monday, November 02, 2015

It's Monday

I have good intentions to post more during the week, but I don't get to it!

I finally put borders on a couple quilt tops I have had hanging around.  I mentioned this quilt and showed it without a border in this post.
Northern Cardinals

I showed this quilt in progress in August.  It was intended as a charity quilt, but I'm no longer involved in the organization I was going to donate it to.  It is queen sized and I will eventually quilt it, then decide what to do with it.  I was going for a more masculine type quilt.

I got caught up on my Quiltmaker Itty Bitty blocks through October.  I realized that I messed up on the sashing when I went back and looked at my notes. The quilt is getting so long and I have two more months to add on.  I meant to cut the sashing strips at 1.5", instead they finish at 1.5".  YIKES!  I will have to do some fancy work on the sides to widen the quilt.  November's block was announced today on the Quilty Pleasures blog.
Quiltmaker Itty Bitty Blocks
 I had leftover strips from making a quilt featured on this post.  I put them together into a throw size quilt top.  I have no idea what I will do with this one either as my couches are definitely not in this color way!  Gray, aqua and coral are popular right now, but I'm not redecorating.  I just love the gray print I put with the stirps.
 Check out other blogs at Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Mary said...

You can save that srippy quilt for when your grandkids come. I let mine choose a quilt whenever they stay. Loving the itty bitty blocks. They're just too tiny for me. I can resist sometimes.

spacer said...

Love that cardinal quilt. I believe a bought the fabric for something similar several years ago.

Cindy said...

Your finishes always inspire me. Especially when you tackle ufo's!!! :)