Monday, February 16, 2015

Design Wall Monday

I haven't gotten to do much quilting lately but have dreams of new projects and I'm working on my first quilt for the Quiltmaker Scrap Squad.  Sorry can't share pictures of that one!  I have sewn a few rows on the scrappy 2" squares quilt.  Its fun and bright.  The Itty Bitty blocks are still on the wall.  I'm linking up with Patchwork Times.

Here is a new project I want to start at a retreat in early March.  I fell in love with the Fire Island Hosta pattern and struggled with fabrics.  This isn't the final selection, but I'm loving the blue and green.  The colors aren't showing true on this one.  The light fabric is a Fairy Frost pale aqua.


I have been working on cleaning our rental house instead of quilting.  Bleh!  We purchased the property in 2010.  Doug's grandparents had owned the property and sold it in the 30's after putting up a windmill and building a grainery.  All these years later we were able to acquire it.  The house is different, but still an old farmhouse.  We had been renting it to Doug's brother for four years and after their dad passed away New Year's Eve BIL moved back to the family home as he is inheriting it.  We hired a few things done but I'm sort of a fanatical cleaner.  We have had some interest in renting without advertising so I hope those pan out.
side view, we had the windows put in instead of screen for circuit break safety

We also had a new front porch built.

3 comments:

Mary said...

The cleaning does cut into your quilting time. Glad you have a Retreat to look forward to. Can hardly wait to see the 1st Scrap Squad project reveal.

Cathy said...

I love the Fire Island Hosta pattern and look forward to your final fabric choices!

Pam said...

Anxious to see your Scrap Squad quilt. Hopefully the cleaning is done and you can get back to the fun stuff@