Tuesday, August 05, 2014

August UFO #5

This is a top I have had completed for several years.  I really should quilt it sometime as I LOVE it!  The pattern is Fossil Fern Fantasy and was in Australian Patchwork and Quilting in about 2004.  The magazine says volume 12 no 10, no dates anywhere.  I'm going by an ad I found inside for something happening in Feb. 2005.  My friend Deb had the magazine and gave it to me.  I made the quilt top at a retreat a few years ago and used Fossil Fern fabrics.  I love the colors and patterns of Fossil Fern, really dislike the feel and weight of them.  They weren't inexpensive fabrics but the they have no body.  Nowadays I would use Best Press to add body for cutting.  I used the leftovers at retreat and made a Sudoku quilt for charity.  Of course I still have more leftovers...
Fossil Fern Fantasy 64" square

3 comments:

Sally said...

I feel the same way about Fossil Ferns - bought a FQ assortment many years ago, most are pretty but thin. Sally

Mary said...

Glad this one is up today. Can you starch it now that it's finished before quilting it? I love the Solids all together.

Unknown said...

I love the colors and it is so cheerful. I also like fossil ferns collection of colors.