Thursday, August 14, 2014

August UFO #14

Today I made a Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Coconut Zucchini Bread.  Wow is it good.  Doug doesn't eat such things so I have the whole loaf to myself, like I really need that!  It's negating all my FitBit steps!  I made him a batch of prune dumplings he can eat instead.

Today's UFO is another oldie (do we see a theme here???).  I was in the Pat Sloan yahoo group over 10 years ago and thought I liked the fabrics because friends did.  This was a row robin and the rows are gorgeous and so well done and I love the border I added.  It's just too tan for my usual tastes.  I will quilt it (we have heard that before too!) and then decide what to do with it.  It was getting too long and skinny so I bit the bullet and did not add the swag border on the top.  I am normally someone who likes balanced designs.


2 comments:

Melissa said...

The Chocolate Chip Coconut Zucchini Bread sounds really good! I am trying to stay away from that stuff now (especially after seeing my new picture today. sigh. back on the wagon I go!).

I love the top! I like being balanced too, my row by row probably needed more blocks on the opposite side for more width, but I wanted to win fat quarters :) I think right now your top looks great, and it's at a great place to end it.

Mary said...

Prune Dumplings don't sound good at all. Poor Doug. Tan is def the color of this UFO. Did you applique those swags on?