Tuesday, August 12, 2014

August UFO #12

Today was catchup day on house stuff after being gone for a few days.  I picked green beans and got them snapped so I can can them tomorrow.  I sure do wish I had a/c in the house, this has been a very hot summer.  Hopefully with the storm it cools off a bit overnight. 

Today's UFO is another oldie.  For several years my guild had a block draw.  Someone's name was drawn and the next month they presented a pattern and fabric if they chose and other guild members made blocks.  I am not a fan of green and decided on teal trees.  I found this pattern somewhere, no idea where now and it had an alternate block I decided against.  I provided the turquoise fabrics and some purple.  I got a variety of backgrounds which was wonderful.  It's been pieced as a top for many years.  Someday I will get them all quilted!  Then again who knows, maybe not!

2 comments:

Mary said...

That sounds like a Fun way to get a Quilt made. Love the Teal and Purple. Have fun canning your Beans.

Cindy said...

That block looks familiar! Not sure why....maybe I've seen this top before?