Sunday, August 10, 2014

August UFO #10

This is a throw size double wedding ring using QuiltSmart interfacing product.  The fabrics were purchased by my friend Deb to make a quilt for a family member and she ended up trading me for a quilt I already had made.  I had this in a bin for a few years and finally sewed it together at a retreat in April 2013.  Someday I will quilt this one too!  I can't say I loved using the interfacing method but it became MUCH easier when I borrowed a pair of hemostats.  The tubes turned so much easier.  Hemostats are now on my quilt camp supply list!  The rings are blind stitch appliqued on the background.

1 comment:

Mary said...

That looks harder. Glad you found the hemostats. I wouldn't want to hand stitch all those rings down. Can't wait to see how you quilt this one.