Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!

Isn't January 1st the time for resolutions? I never keep mine so I just make suggestions to myself. Along with the usual losing weight, being happy, exercising more, finishing UFO's, I do want to be better at blogging. I still have tons of quilts to show, last year was a rough for me in many ways and I'm looking for a less stressful 2011! BTW I am trying to say twenty eleven instead of two thousand eleven.

This morning there was a gorgeous sunrise but I got sidetracked finding my camera and missed the better colors. I also didn't want to go outside in the near zero weather so I had to lean out the windows of the house!
So why do ducks duck? Because their pen gets too weighted down with snow! Sorry, can't see the ducks. I will have to get a picture of them another time. This view is out Amy's bedroom window with zoom on.I mailed this quilt off yesterday. I quilted it for someone on one of my yahoo groups. It was a swap we did last year of scrappy disappearing 9 patch blocks. I didn't do a closeup of the quilting unfortunately. The border is quilted with a free motion feather design.

5 comments:

Tink said...

Those photos are stunning!!! I am with you on wanting twenty eleven to be less stressful than twenty ten!

Jeanne said...

Welcome back to blogging. I've missed reading them. Nice quilt!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Fabulous photos - but sooooo cold.

Amy said...

What ever happened to your New Year's suggestion to keep up your blog?

Amy said...

According to my google reader, your blog is inactive because you haven't posted in almost a year!!!