Thursday, July 22, 2010

Organized Sewing Room

This was a major undertaking. I was so frustrated by all the "stuff" I have and spent over a week reorganizing and going through everything. We have a big unfinished rec room and my room is in a corner with one small window covered by a deck. I thought I was going to get to move into the rest of the basement but that didn't pan out, so I took a small portion.This is an 8' by 7' design wall, flannel covered Styrofoam. It is movable and is standing in front of my project shelves.
This is my boxes of fabric containing pieces 1/4 yard to 1 yard long along with some projects. I was standing in the doorway of my sewing room looking out.

More stuff outside my sewing room.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Very nice!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wonderful!!!

Lila Rostenberg said...

Great work!!! Would you like to come and help me organize mine???
Especially now that I have moved a lot of my mother's stash and UFO's into the space, LOL!?

Tink said...

I did not see a bin for that ever so special tool of yours....
:)
Nice work girl can you come and orgainze mine while I am down...I will stay out of your way.

Mary said...

I hope your flooding issue didn't affect anything in your 'clean' room... It looks great. Why is it you couldn't take over the rec room in your own house??? did you get out voted?

Anonymous said...

Whoa! That's way organized! Yeah for you! Now, can you help get my entire house looking like that? ROFL!

Quiltjane said...

What a fabulous sewing space.