Sunday, April 04, 2010

Quilt a day #33

Easter dinner was nice today with mom here. We had a lot of food! I cut out a new quilt tonight to take to retreat to piece. Thankfully I did a test block. The pattern was in an Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine and it's one Deb thought I should make and had sent me fabrics for it years ago, all fossil ferns. I had collected the rest I needed, 21 colors plus background. I knew from previous experience that somehow I don't piece grandmother's fan blocks well and this was no exception! I got the template adjusted.

This was a mystery quilt from Cindy a couple years ago. The pattern is at her site. It's probably on my blog, I just didn't go backwards. I took this photo hanging at my guild's show last summer. I love the quilting I did on it, but I doubt it will show up!

1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Pretty quilt - I'm afraid to do mysteries, after one gigantic, horrid mystery I did. A friend begged for us to do it together and I'm sorry I gave in. Sold the top on craigslist - it was so ugly - but someone wanted it.