Thursday, April 01, 2010

Quilt a day #30

I'm loving all the guesses for how many quilts I have in my closet! One person is pretty close but I'm not going to say who! I am waiting to see who wins to customize a squishie for them. I counted all the quilts currently on display or piled on beds in my house this morning and then promptly forgot!

I am completely fascinated by the eggs my friend Sharon "tie dyed" today. Check out her April 1st blog post.

This quilt is not one I intended to make, nor bought fabric for. My friends Deb and Vicki conspired to make this for me. However Vicki passed away before they did anything more than get the fabric. At the same time Deb wasn't doing much quilting and although she traced a couple of the blocks and had one fused, she ended up sending me everything so I made the quilt and quilted it myself! I absolutely love it, being purple is my favorite color! It's currently hanging at the top of my stairwell.



3 comments:

Mary said...

OooooooHHHH that is so pretty and Purple is my fav too. Hope it's me that is the close one to the right Number of quilts in the closet...

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh pretty - purple is so good in a quilt. I love Sharon's eggs too.

Anonymous said...

That is really quite striking. I really like the pattern in purples!