Monday, March 08, 2010

8 days in a row!

I am proud of myself for posting this many days in a row!

We went out to Mexican food tonight, it had been a long time and I am thrilled to have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Here are a couple pictures from my files. I made the New York Beauty quilt in 1996. I used over 60 fabrics. It's a Karen Stone paper pieced design and I just couldn't bring myself to do the pieced border she had in the pattern.The other quilt is more recent and it's behind the picture of me on my blog. I took a class from Helene Knott several years ago and this is her pattern of Multnomah Falls. I got engaged there in 1983 so it's special to my husband and I. I gave this wallhanging to him as a Christmas gift. I just haven't checked the back to see what year I made it!

4 comments:

Mary said...

I'm taking a class from Helene this week-end in Portland. I like your Multonomah Falls Quilt. Nice remembrance of a special day.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Excellent quilts - and congratulations on 8 days in a row - I know how hard that is.

Cindy said...

I'm enjoying these posts on your quilts and the little life tid-bits. Keep it up! :)

Tink said...

Julie what a wonderful place to be asked for you hand in marriage. I spent many a hikes in my high school years at MFalls...once I locked the keys in the trunk while we were there...ugh.

Sweet gift idea, going to check out her web site.
Hugs!